fredag 19 november 2010

Time flies ... Shopping and new adventures with Motorcykel TAXI

Time flies ... and it's not long time left of my stay here in Chongqing.
Flight is booked in the middle of january 2011. I miss home but I know that
I'm also going to miss some things I have experienced here during my stay
in Chongqing, for example "Dragons eyes" (sweet fruit), small oranges,
good tea, cheap and relaxing foot massage, shouting on mountains, etc.

Last weekend I stayed home and was busy painting a large canvas and doing other stuff. This weekend I want to move around in city! Yesterday I visited huge shopping mall 'Paradise road' with it's all modern shops and found familiar names like H&M (Hennes & Mauritz), Mango and many other famous brands. I found a shop called Uniqlo and have found out that it's japanese company. I bought two nice wool swaters with cashmere and warm and cozy reversible fleece jacket with furlike material on the other side. Afterwards I came home with taxi buying some food on my way at METRO shop.

Later in the afternoon I went downtown, Jiefangbei, by bus (always adventure) and walked around in shopping malls untill I was too tired to try to find boots I was searching for. It's getting cooler and I would like to find nice looking warm boots. Many chinese women seems to like lot of decoration even in their shoes but I hope to find boots that has more 'minimalistic' style. We'll see if I succeed with my 'boot hunt' today.

Yesterday evening I was particularly adventurous and took motorcykle taxi back home from Jiefangbei. It was fun even though the driver stopped in the middle of mountain road and started complaining to some student girls who translated to me that he thinks that I'm going too far and he want more paid. Because I know by now what taxi fee is to downtown and motorcykle taxi is cheaper so he finally drove me home and didn't leave me in the middle of mountain road.

Well ... it's a new day and new adventures are waiting!

1 kommentar:

  1. Hei Aino-Maria! Juuri vasta huomasin, että pidät blogia siellä Kiinassa. Mainiota. Varmaankin aikasi siellä on mielenkiintoinen ja innostava. Toivottavasti voit hyvin. Me täällä lumituiskun keskellä muutimme Leppävaarasta Malmille, uuteen taloon. Sekin on semmoista pientä seikkailua.
    Kaikkea hyvää Sinulle!
    T. Hannu

    SvaraRadera