onsdag 1 september 2010

Day 3 in Chongqing, southwest China

It's my third day here in Chongqing. I arrived during monday afternoon and it has been two days with a lot of new impressons and experiences so there is already too much to be able to describe here on blog ...

My trip from Stockholm, Sweden to Beijing and transit to Chongqing went well and I didn't get lost. I met nice young woman from Hong Kong during flight Stockholm-Beijing and while waiting sitting and drinking chinese tea in the café at Beijing airport I met a man from Holland who was staying in China for a month and travelling around. He showed me some nice photos from his trip.

When I arrived to Chongqing airport I was warmly wellcomed by my friends and they drove me with car to my new 'home' for some months. Chongqing airport is located on north side of the city and while driving to south side of city area I had possibility to see some views of city ... misty mountains, green areas, palm trees, grey skyskrapers, chinese caracters and many people on streets.

It's an adventure trying to find my way to supermarket that is located here quite nearby. Almost all labels are written only with chinese caracters so it was quite difficult to understand what was inside packages. Also lot of interesting vegetables and packages. Problem is that I don't know how to use them yet.

I send also som pictures:
- Beijing international airport is very modern and spacious. You are not aloud to smoke exept on some separate smoking rooms. I think it is very good.
- Misty view of the mountains and city from the terass of the house.

Today I feel tired and try to take it easy listening music with Spotify and Internet connection is fast and works well ... GREAT!

I like chinese beds ... first I was afraid that I'm not able to sleep at all because bed felt very hard ... like wood plank ... but none of us has got backpain after 2 nights. Maybe I should get bed like this even at home in Stockholm.

Many loud cleaning ladies and men in our house today ... nobody can english but somehow things work anyway.

Well ... it's quite different atmosphere and way of life here than in Europe ... it's interesting.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar