söndag 26 september 2010

HOTPOT

At last I got possibility to experience the famous hotpot of Chongqing yesterday evening. Our table had stronger and milder version of hotpot soup where to cook all the ingredients served. Chinese people like to eat all parts of the animal as my translator was telling. You can eat cow stomack, liver, chicken feet, intestines, etc. I didn't feel like eating that kind of stuff so I took only vegetables and enjoyed my hotpot very much. The stronger hotpot soup was much better and it was not too hot for me.

Tired after long day I took taxi home and it went well ... I found taxi easily, the taxi driver was not complaining or shouting too much or refusing to take me were I wanted to go. Taxidrivers seems to be quite rude people many times in Chongqing and even Beijing. Many stories have been told about this rude 'house of chinese taxidrivers' here among us foreigners.

Next week will be National day holidays and we have some travelling plans but we'll see if we get our passports back in time so that we can take our flight friday morning to Nanjing with chinese student and meet her mother at airport, drive to Hefei where we will stay for couple of nights and visit Yellow mountain and stay over one night in that area. Lot of confusion, difficulties in communication and frustration has been involved around planning this trip but I hope that everything turns out to be fine in the end so that we can travel.

This is China ... and everything has it's own kind of timeframe and ways to accomplish things. It's just to accept that and try to make best of the situation.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar