lördag 4 september 2010

Supermarket - only fixed spot in China right now

I was invited to drink and had nice company with some french people living in the buildning and was having chat with one chinese woman visiting them. I also got som valuable information and found a heater that was left behind by someone living here before. I heard that it will be good to have a heater during winter time even though we have air conditioning. Lucky me ... didn't have to buy one.

I had long chat about China, etc. with one friend late yesterday evening. It became late and at last when I tried to sleep I didn't sleep so well and has felt quite tired today ... been 'home' and watching chinese films on dvd, talking with my neighbors, cleaning and doing sightseeing to The Supermarket ... again ... I also heard that my mother was taken to hospital and she will have to go through surgery. That makes me sad.

I have not been able to see much of the Chongqing city yet. It seems that the only fixed spot right now for me in Chongqing is the nearest Supermarket. This place where I have my residence in Chongqing doesn't apparently have any adress so the adress we have is to the working place. It means that if I take a taxi I must be able to show the way for taxidriver and I cannot do that yet. So, I was thinking ... Supermarket has an adress and if I find my way there I might even find my way back 'home'. I understand so well now what one 'cqexpat' ment when he was writing me that he feels like 'total illiterate' ... Well, I suppose I have to be patient ... I will learn. I have been here only some days.

Today I was doing som yoga and I saw that under my couch was something and it turned out to be quite big, dead cockroach. Oh my ... I have seen them walking in corridors couple of times and heard that my neighbour has problems with them almost every day. It seems that they are part of peoples life here and they have to learn to handle them as well as with high humidity.
When I came to my appartment I found a plastic container in one closet. Today I got to now what that was for ... it was containing liquid and that liquid was sucked by the material in the container to reduce humidity in the closet. My neighbor told me that those containers is specially important during winter when the humidity is even higher. Oh my ... So I did sightseeing to 'the one and only ... SUPERMARKET' again and bought 4 big containers that I put to my wardrobe, closet where I have some electronic stuff and closet under the sink. I don't want that my stuff get moldy, stop functioning and start smelling bad. I have started keeping windows closed and using air conditioner more often. It feels quite allright now. It feels nice and cool to come to the appartement after I have been sweating while climbing the hillside back 'home' from Supermarket.

Today I found at las ta little shop that sold cheap lighters. It seems really hard do find matches here. I still wonder where they sell them? Again I got helping hand of one student dressed in bluish camouflage clothing who actually could speak english and helped me to buy one. When I asked 'if he can help me' so he thought that I wished him to pay for it and he seemed very willing to help me. Of course I said that no, no, ... it was not that what I ment but if he can ask the saleswoman if she has any cheaper lighters. He was very helpfull.

Well ... now it's late so Good night everybody!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar